Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Something learned...to apply to all aspects of life.

Here is a great tidbit shared by James Gideon (an adult living with an FASD): "Start with the assumption that all human beings want to please others and to be successful - when there are problems, ask yourself what are you doing that is setting this up and allowing it to happen - what is it in this situation that makes it unlikely for us to be successful.  I always think we are successful. You know what they are saying though. I guess for me I look at my success as my own doing, not someone elses, but I guess when I was younger this would have been an issue or if I didn't have the skills, structure, routine that I have today, this would be an issue in my adult life. Really cool tidbit."
I love how this tidbit asks me to look at myself and evaluate myself to see what I can do, what I can change to help the situation. What a good outlook to have...rather than trying to point my finger at someone or something to point blame...instead look inwardly at myself to see what more I can do to help. I think this is a great outlook to have in all aspects of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment