Search This Blog

Monday, May 5, 2014

Pity Party....my fears hushed

Lately I've been having a pity party about the reality of this never ending trial in my life. Yes, FASD is a gift that helps me learn and grow, but the reality is that it is also a burden and a trial...one that I cannot take on by myself.  I have been so afraid as I see ourselves approaching the upcoming, difficult teenage years of puberty.  And my "fears were hushed" as I read in the Book of Mormon, Mosiah 23:27-28, where it says:  "...Alma...exhorted them that they should not be frightened, but that they should remember the Lord their God and he would deliver them.  Therefore, they hushed their fears, and began to cry unto the Lord..."
My fears have been hushed, and I have committed to cry unto the Lord more often and I have faith that He will deliver us and help us through these upcoming years.  If the Lord will help me, be near me, every step of the way, then I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment