Search This Blog

Thursday, October 10, 2013

NOTEBOOK PLANNER: A LIFE SKILL

OK here is my latest and greatest idea for giving my son a consistent schedule:

*A simple, basic, spiral notebook.

*I write his schedule in the notebook...a few days to 1 week at a time.
*He can look at the schedule each day/week to see what is going on for the day, and prepare himself for it.

This is the best I can think of, thus far, to give consistency to my son's schedule.  The problem and reality is that I can't just put up one schedule that will be the same day by day...our schedule changes a little each week, day, and/or month.  That's why I've always been frustrated with putting up a daily schedule for my son...it seems I do it for a few weeks and then stop, with frustration, because the reality of life is that EVERY DAY IS NOT THE SAME!

So, I think the consistency comes in giving my son a sort of "planner".
That's how I schedule my life...so why not begin teaching him that life skill?

It starts with my writing the schedule in for him each day...but can lead into him writing and keeping a "planner" for himself.

I LOVE this new idea...if it actually lasts and works, then I will REALLY LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment